Why live in Walnut Creek? Why do people choose our local city to call home?
People choose Walnut Creek for lifestyle. “Lifestyle” encompasses all that our city offers including community, neighborhood, housing variety, services, convenience, amenities! The City of Walnut Creek website lists many of these!
Search Walnut Creek Real Estate
New Listings in Walnut Creek
Walnut Creek Lifestyle
Walnut Creek has recently been voted “Greenest Place to Retire” in the US News and World Report “The 10 Best Places to Retire in 2012.” The greatest part about this report is that it illustrates that what makes it a great place to live for retirees, also makes it an excellent location for many. From the report:
Retirees make up more than a quarter of the population of Walnut Creek, which combines the amenities of a city with abundant access to the wilderness. Downtown is filled with high-end shops, fine dining, and organic eateries, as well as the Lesher Center for the Arts. The city also has 22 city parks and 2,704 acres of open space. “There’s a great amount of open space available,” says Joe Stadum, a resident of Walnut Creek’s large 55-and-older gated community, Rossmoor. He enjoys hiking with the Rossmoor Trails Club, which counts more than 200 members. “You can drive or ride your bicycle or run and hike. It’s a great asset.” Residents may choose to drive up to the summit of 3,849-foot Mount Diablo or travel to nearby San Francisco. But life in the Bay Area doesn’t come cheap. The median home price is $411,000.
As someone who has grown up in the area, we used to go to San Francisco to do our holiday shopping, now, it’s all here! There is something for everyone now and many of the major retailers are here right in our downtown including Nordstrom, Macy’s, Tiffany’s and coming soon, Neiman Marcus. We have Chicos, Tillys, Coldwater Creek, Urban Outfitters, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, H&M and the list goes on and on! Check out the Walnut Creek Downtown Shopping Guide for the list of the 100’s of stores, spas, restaurants and more located right in our own backyard. In fact, the shopping is so good, Diablo Magazine readers just voted it “Best Shopping Neighborhood of the East Bay.” You can read all the local Walnut Creek business “best of” winners for 2011 at “Best of the East Bay 2011” link.
Homes in Walnut Creek w/ Upcoming Open Houses
Combine the GREEN and the shopping and add to that the proximity to BART and freeways for commute, the excellent school scores, and the plethera of activites for everyone, you’ve got a winner! What else is there to love about Walnut Creek? Well here are just a few things:
- Vibrant arts education and regional theater community (Lesher Center for the Arts and Walnut Creek Civic Arts Education)
- Nightlife, dancing, bars, sports bars and pubs – something for everyone!
- Mt. Diablo State Park right in our back yard (Mt. Diablo State Park)
- Golf! Yes there are several golf courses including Boundary Oaks and Diablo Hills
- Kids! So much to do! Too much to list! Good schools. Support groups. Parks and Rec classes.
- Coffee! Yes, we have Peets and Starbucks (several) and several local cafes serving up your favorite cup o’ Joe.
- Pets! Animals! Yes, Walnut Creek is home to ARF (Tony LaRussa’s Animal Rescue Foundation as well as the Lindsay Wildlife Museum)
- Vibrant Equestrian Community. Boarding, miles of trails, lessons and camps.
- New library! Yes, while controversial when built it sure is beautiful! Walnut Creek Library
- Fitness! Walnut Creek is a very active community; trails, biking, hiking, gyms, yoga and more!
- Retirement community! Yes, Rossmoor is a gated senior community, golf and everything you could ever want!
Bank Owned Homes in Walnut Creek
I’m passionate about Walnut Creek as you can see, let me help you call Walnut Creek home!
Walnut Creek Schools are excellent, but keep in mind there are three different school districts that serve Walnut Creek. These districts include Walnut Creek School District (K-8), Acalanes School District (9-12) and Mt. Diablo School District (K-12). For more information, just ask. Or notice our Walnut Creek home search now allows you to search by school district.
There are no schools near by this property.